Wednesday 1st February 2017
We’re pleased to announce our newest version of FlowPaper with a number of what we think are great improvements. The focus during January has been to implement a new compression and flatten mode for Zine which is now available in the desktop publisher. This new mode flattens the PDF and makes it possible to zoom to infinite levels on all devices and platforms.
Here are the most important changes for this release:
- New import dialogue for Zine in the Desktop Publisher that presents a number of new options including the ability to overwrite previously imported PDFs and
the ability to flatten PDFs file when importing them. The flatten mode reduces their size and improves speed dramatically, similar to how the Elements viewer already works.
The flatten import option also improves zoom for all mobile devices to infinite levels and stays sharp at all zoom levels.
- The Zine import mode in the desktop publisher will now ask if you want to overwrite existing publications if a PDF with the same name has previously been imported (Desktop Publisher)
- Improved rendering accuracy in flip book mode for Elements to avoid pixel rounding when flipping pages (Desktop Publisher)
- Improved accuracy for Elements in texts that are starting with negative x-adjustments (Desktop Publisher)
- Improved accuracy for measuring standard font (Helvetica, Times, etc.) widths in Elements publications (Desktop Publisher)
- Updated the video player for self hosted videos (Zine, Elements)
- Fixed an issue related to Safari not fitting some pages properly in Zine for differently sized publications (Desktop Publisher)
- Fixed an issue where two-fold publications were coming through with the incorrect height specified causing added links to be mispositioned
- Fixed an issue where two-fold publications were not adjusting their TOC (bookmarks table) properly (Zine, Elements)
- Fixed an issue where two-fold publications were not rendering the correct number of pages in Elements (Desktop Publisher)
- Fixed a regression issue related to two-fold publications adjusting their sizes incorrectly causing some images to appear in incorrect places (Zine)
- Fixed a few issues related to the cloud upload sometimes not providing feedback on progress (Desktop Publisher)
- Fixed an issue where the publisher would use the wrong standard font (Times, Helvetica etc) in certain cases (Elements, Zine)
- Fixed an issue where the search abstract would unnecessarily shrink the viewer (Zine)
- Fixed an issue where ‘Disable Mouse Wheel Zooming’ would still prevent the default event from firing (Zine)
- Fixed an issue where two-fold publications would not adjust their link targets properly in Elements publications (Elements)
- Fixed an issue where adding annotations to certain publications would cause the text on their subsequent pages to be missing (Zine)
- Fixed an issue where obfuscated/read-only publications would become corrupted when applying new import settings in the desktop publisher (Elements)