Desktop Publishing Questions
QuestionIs it possible to work with Flowpaper offline?
AnswerYou can use the Zine template without internet connection as long as you have logged in previously when you were connected to the internet
QuestionHow to display with table of content open unload with fit to width?
AnswerThe Zine viewer will push the viewer to the right when the TOC is open. There is a slight difference in how the Elements template and the Zine templates handles the case of having an open TOC so try the Zine and Elements templates to see which of them suits your scenario better.
QuestionHow can I save a template in MAC version (Zine lincense)
AnswerHave a look at this video tutorial; It shows how to style a publication and save it as a template https://flowpaper.com/How-to-create-and-save-a-style-template-for-PDF-documents/
QuestionCan I just replace a PDF?
AnswerYou save your added links if you want to replace the PDF by doing the following:
- Open the publication in the desktop publisher and expand the thumbnails via the icon on the left
- Select the pages you want to update/replace
- Click on the "Replace Pages" at the bottom of the list and select the updated PDF file </ol> Reopen the publication in the desktop publisher
QuestionIs there any way to change a PDF document name within FlowPaper before I publish?
AnswerYou should be able to rename it if you rename the following files and folders;
- Go into your Documents/FlowPaper/Publications directory. Find the folder related to your PDF and rename it to the desired name. Don't include spaces.
- Go into your Documents/FlowPaper/Imported directory and rename the imported PDF to your new name
- Go into your Documents/FlowPaper/Workspace directory and rename the folder related to your PDF and rename it to the same name as in 1. </ol> </p>
QuestionHow do you remove an existing page from FlowPaper?
AnswerYou can't remove pages inside the desktop publisher at the moment unfortunately so you'll have to remove it prior to importing it. You can remove pages in Preview if you use Mac OSX or in Adobe Acrobat. Alternatively, use our reflow template. it lets you decide which pages you want to import.
QuestionIs it possible to create the same issue of the magazine responsive for mobile readers and with flipping pages for desktop readers?
AnswerCertainly! Although we would recommend having a look at our latest 'Web Page Builder' template which makes it possible to control your style with columns that also look great on desktop!
QuestionFlowpaper has lost all its settings, how do I fix it?
AnswerFlowPaper saves all its settings in the "FlowPaper_Configuration.json" file which can be found in the "Documents/FlowPaper" (or "Your Documents/FlowPaper") folder. Copy this file to your new folder location and you should be fine.
QuestionWe purchased the FlowPaper Zine Commercial License and have a key but every time I log in to the dashboard client is says that I have a trial version. Is there another step I need to take?
AnswerMake sure you're logging in with the email address that the account details were sent to and that all letters are in lowercase. You can also try resetting your config file if it keeps happening. You do this by the following steps:
- Close the desktop publisher
- Go into your Documents/FlowPaper folder and delete your FlowPaper_Configuration.json
- Start the desktop publisher and log in again. </ol> </p>
QuestionHow can I save the work I’m doing inside Desktop publisher?
AnswerIts saved automatically in your Documents/FlowPaper folder
QuestionI'd like to offer a printing option to my readers. What's the way to do that? The document is loaded into an iframe and the configuration is "Catalogue / Sliding pages".
AnswerYes you can make sure your end users can print by enabling the print button on the right hand side inside the desktop publisher (in the "UI Components" section)
QuestionWith Zine only plan, can I update/edit my brochure after initially creating and/or publishing it?
AnswerYep, you can update your publications as many times as you like after publishing it with the Zine plan.
I have multiple page sizes in a single PDF document, but it is not imported as such. Why?